Clara Isabel Leite & Lawyers offers, in addition to the necessary legal support from the SEF, legal advice on the purchase of real estate for real estate investment, and keeps track of obtaining the Golden Visa under the conditions described above.
Why invest in Portugal? For many reasons!
The Golden Visa is a temporary residence permit for entry and stay in Portuguese territory for investment purposes, effective since 2012.
The Golden Visa or Residence Permit for Investment Activity (ARI – so defined by law) allows non-EU citizens or the Schengen area to obtain a temporary residence permit for investment activity with a visa waiver. Residence to enter Portugal.
WHO MAY REQUIRE?
DURATION OF THE GOLD VISA:
The residence permit is granted for an initial period of 1 year and may be renewed for periods of 2 years (fulfilling the award requirements).
Minimum length of stay
For the purposes of renewing a residence permit, the said citizens must comply with the following minimum stay periods:
a) 7 days, followed or interpolated, in the 1st year;
b) 14 days, followed or interpolated, in the subsequent periods of two years.
Citizens residing in the national territory, holder of the Residence Authorization who wishes to benefit from the right to family reunification, shall submit their application to the SEF, which must contain the identification of the applicant and the family members to whom the application relates.
The Family Reunion application can be formulated simultaneously with the ARI grant of the investor, but will always be conditioned to the granting of this.
GOLDEN VISA – GOVERNMENT FEES
- Application fees – Investor – 517.40 Euros
- Membership fees – Family members – € 80.60
- Approval rates – 5,173.60 Euros
- Renewal fees – 2,586.80 Euros
The official table with these rates can also be found on the SEF website.
GOLDEN VISA ADVANTAGES
- To enter Portugal with exemption of residence visa;
- To reside and work in Portugal;
- Circulate through the Schengen area, without visa requirements;
- Benefit from family reunification;
- Request the granting of Permanent Residence Authorization under the Foreigners Law (Law no. 23/2007, of July 4, with the current wording);
- Possibility of requesting the acquisition of Portuguese nationality, by naturalization, fulfilling the other requirements required by the Nationality Law (Law no. 37/81, of October 3, with the current wording).
*** Email Required