Prove the Effective Connection to the Portuguese Community
In order to prove the effective connection to the Portuguese community, it is necessary to present documents that can help to prove that the applicant has an effective connection to the national community.
Documents that can contribute to this proof:
- Legal residence in Portugal;
- Regular travel to Portugal;
- A house in your name for more than three years or lease agreements entered into for more than three years, relating to real estate in Portugal;
- Residence or connection to a Portuguese historical community abroad;
- Regular participation over the last five years at the date of application in the cultural life of the Portuguese community in the country where you live (activities of Portuguese cultural and recreational associations in these communities).
- The Government recognizes that there are ties of effective connection to the national community when the declarant, at the time of the request:
- Legally reside in Portuguese territory for the three years immediately prior to the request, be registered with the tax administration and the National Health Service or regional health services, and prove school attendance at an educational establishment in the national territory or demonstrate knowledge of the language Portuguese;
- Legally residing in Portuguese territory for the five years immediately prior to the request, registered with the tax administration and with the National Health Service or regional health services.